Root Canal Therapy - Waco, TX
Fast & Gentle Dental Pain Relief
Tooth pain and sensitivity is evidence of infection and decay. If you have a tooth infection, Heart of Texas Smiles offers quick and virtually pain free root canal treatment to repair and save a tooth that is badly decayed or infected. During a root canal procedure, the infected nerve and pulp are removed, and the inside of the tooth is cleaned and sealed. Without this treatment, the tissue surrounding the tooth also becomes infected and dental abscesses may form causing even more pain and complications. Before oral infections get out of control, make an appointment with one of our dentists at Heart of Texas Smiles for the urgent root canal therapy you need to save your dental health.
Why Choose Heart of Texas Smiles for Root Canal Therapy?
- Able to quickly relieve severe dental pain
- Dental sedation guarantees a pain-free treatment
- Patient comfort is always priority #1
What Are Root Canals?
Root canals describe the natural cavities that occupy the center of your tooth. The pulp or pulp chamber is the soft area within the root canal where your tooth's nerve resides. Once adult teeth erupt, tooth nerves are no longer vitally important to a tooth's health and function. Since their only function is sensory, nerves that become infected are safely removed without affecting the day-to-day functioning of your tooth.
Why Do We Need Root Canal Treatment?
When your tooth's nerve tissue or pulp is damaged, it breaks down and dies. Bacteria inside the tooth begin to multiply. The bacteria and other decayed debris can cause infection inside the tooth or an abscess at the base of the tooth. An abscess is a pus-filled pocket that forms at the roots of the tooth. Untreated tooth infections in the root canal also cause:
- Extreme pain, discomfort, and sensitivity
- Swelling that may spread to other areas of the face, neck, or head
- Bone loss around the tooth
- A hole appears inside of the tooth with drainage into the gums or through the cheek
How Are Root Canals Treated?
- The first step in the root canal procedure is to take an x-ray to see the shape of the root canals and determine if there are any signs of infection.
- If it’s determined a root canal will save the tooth, local anesthetic and a rubber dam are applied to keep the area around the infected tooth dry and free of saliva during treatment.
- Next, an access hole is drilled into the crown of the tooth. The infected pulp along with bacteria and decayed nerve tissue are removed, and the inside of the tooth is disinfected.
- Then, the interior of the tooth is filled with a sealer paste and rubber compound called gutta-percha.
- Once the tooth is thoroughly cleaned and sealed, the exterior access hole created at the beginning of treatment is filled.
- The final step may be to restore the tooth with a dental crown for continued protection and proper functioning.
Waco Root Canal Appointments
The root canal procedure is quickly and easily completed without complication or the need for follow- up care. Make an appointment with Heart of Texas Smiles today to restore the health of your natural teeth. Dr. Cobb and Dr. Lassetter restore smiles daily for families throughout Waco, TX, Hillsboro, Hewitt, and the surrounding communities.
I Need a Dental Checkup & Cleaning I am Missing One or More Teeth I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I Want a Straighter Smile I am Unhappy with My Smile I am Worried About Bleeding Gums I am Afraid of the Dentist I am Experiencing Pain I need Dentures or Partial Dentures View Our Services